Timothy Granaderos @timothygranaderos
Photography by Will Thomas @lilwillie1 | Grooming by Keon Cruz @keeocruz
Styled by Sky Naval @sky_is_dlimit of @stl_rtists | Assistant Stylist:Brezhane Townsend @brezhanex
Interview by Ashira Provost @_ashiraprovost
1.When did you know you wanted to be an actor?
Right after I did my first monologue, in my first scene study class. Performing that monologue gave me a high I'd only experienced from being an athlete.
2. What do you believe are the advantages and disadvantages of being being an actor?
The advantages are that you allow yourself to explore emotions and characteristics within that you may not have necessarily discovered before. You also get an amazing platform to speak on important issues. Oh, and you get to meet some cool people and travel to some pretty cool places. The disadvantage is that you always have to do your hair before you leave the house.
3. Are there any actors or actresses that you admire and would like to work with one day?
I really respect Matt Damon. I would just love to meet him! To work beside him would be an absolute honor and I would have sweaty palms the entire time.
4. What was it like auditioning for 13 Reason and did you know the impact it would have?
It was a lengthier audition process because I read for a few roles before landing Monty. I knew the book was popular in the Young Adult community and it spoke on difficult subject matter. But there’s no way I was prepared for the impact it was going to have.
5. We definitely knew of your character ‘Monty’ from the first season of 13 Reasons Why, but his storyline grew rather exponentially in Season 2. In your opinion, how is ‘Monty’ creating such a lasting effect on the show?
Monty, in some ways in season 2, has assumed the role of the villain. I think he’s a stark contrast to the other characters who seem to be searching for the right thing to do.
6. How would you describe ‘Monty’? Would you say he’s somewhat misunderstood or is he as inexcusably evil as he comes off to many viewers?
I think Monty, like the rest of the kids at Liberty, struggles to navigate the pressures of high school. He also doesn’t come from the most loving home life. He’s a product of his environment.
7. Season 3 of 13 Reasons Why has been announced by Netflix. Congratulations! What are your hopes for ‘Monty’ going forward?
Thank you! I hope that Monty joins the Peace Corps... Seriously though, I hope we get to explore his home life and relationship with his father and mother.
8. What do you do on you free time?
Hang with friends and family. Movies, Ramen, Videogames, Beach, Camping. I try to be outside in the elements as much as possible!
9. Would you ever consider doing any producing or Directing?
Interested in both in the future! But right now, I'm focused on being the best actor I can be.
10. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Empathetic, goofy, and grounded (thanks to my family).